Button Attend an Information Session

Connect with Extended University

Extended University Facebook Page

Instagram Button Linkedin Button You Tube Button
Example image

Pest Control Adviser Certificate

There has never been a better time to enter the crop protection industry. Pest Control Advisers (PCAs) are licensed professional consultants who serve California agriculture and horticulture producers. PCAs specialize in pest management, but they are also an important resource to producers  with regards to overall plant health.

How do I become a PCA?

When a student completes the coursework, he/she will be qualified to take the PCA licensing exam mandated and administered by the California Department of Pesticide Regulation www.cdpr.ca.gov/docs/license/adviser.htm.


PCAs have a rewarding career and earn a competitive salary. They have several career avenues to choose from such as State Agencies, Corporations, Sole Proprietary companies, and academic professions.

A PCA is licensed by the State of California to engage in the following activities


Careers available to licensed PCAs include:


Salaries for PCA

In addition to working directly with agriculture suppliers, PCAs are highly sought after by government agencies, distributors, retailers and pesticide manufacturing companies, earning salaries ranging from $45,000 to more than $100,000 annually





Andrew Conley  Andrew Conley
 Graduate Programs Recruiter
 (805) 497-3921 



News and Events

Student Services


Thousand Oaks
Santa Barbara


Teaching at Extended University