CI’s Bachelor of Science in Business degree is offered through the Martin V. Smith School of Business & Economics. The program has a liberal arts and interdisciplinary focus built on critical thinking, collaboration, and communication. Students learn the fundamental principles of accounting, economics, finance, information system's, management, and marketing as applied in a variety of organizational settings.
A distinguishing aspect of the program is the requirement to take courses developed in conjunction with disciplines outside the traditional business curriculum such as biology, chemistry, education, English, fine arts, history, and performing arts. A capstone course provides students with the opportunity to integrate their knowledge through a global strategy simulation exercise.
BS Business is also offered in a fully BS Business online format.
At a Glance
- Area of study: BS Business
- Ideal for: Working adults who want to advance their careers and need flexibility and convenience
- Program type: Bachelor-completion, open to transfer students
- Location:Santa Barbara/Goleta Campus
- Program format: In-person, weekday evenings and Saturdays
- Number of courses: 17
- Term length: 16-week fall and spring semesters, 11-week summer term
- Program length: 2 years
- Fees: $375 per unit (Subject to change at any time. Textbooks not included.)
- Financial Assistance: Federal Loans and other options
- ATTEND AN INFORMATION SESSION
With everything I’m learning and the connections I’m making, my CI degree will make me a dynamic force in the workplace, all without having to leave Santa Barbara.Brian Hunot, BS Business Alumnus 2013
The Martin V. Smith School of Business & Economics is in candidacy for ACBSP Accreditation. Full status is anticipated in 2016-17.