This Healthcare Interpreter Certificate prepares students to become effective English-Spanish interpreters in medical settings, following the standards of practice established by the National Council on Interpreting in Health Care, the International Medical Interpreters Association, and the California Standards for Healthcare Interpreters.
This Certificate contains all the necessary elements to meet the eligibility requirements to take any of the nationally recognized certification exams (by the National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters, or by the Certification Commission for Healthcare Interpreters). An intermediate level of Spanish proficiency is required.
- Modes of interpretation
- Roles of the interpreter
- Medical Terminology
- Standards of practice
At a Glance
- Area of study: Spanish, Healthcare, Interpreting
- Ideal for: Medical professionals, Nurses or nursing aides, or anyone caring directly for patients.
- Location:Camarillo Campus
- Program format: Lecture
- Number of courses: 5
- Program length: varies
- Fees: $270 per unit (Subject to change at any time. Textbooks not included.)
- Financial Assistance: Certificate Programs do not qualify for Financial Aid. Matriculated students may use Financial aid.