This is an exciting and pivotal time in the HR profession. Now, more than ever, HR teams are required to assume a greater leadership role, contributing to the strategic direction of their organization. The HR profession is no longer just about what you know–but how you do your job.
In partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), CSU Channel Islands Extended University offers an Essentials of Human Resource Management course and a CP/SCP Certification Preparatory Course. Both courses are offered at our Thousand Oaks and Goleta (coming Fall 2017) campuses.
CP/SCP Certification Preparatory Course
Establish yourself as a globally-recognized human resource expert by earning the new standard in HR certification: SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP™) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP™). These professional certifications can open doors for professional advancement, serve to harmonize standards with changing expectations and signal to employers advanced professional development. They reflect what HR practitioners need to know to be leaders in their organizations and in the profession.
Essentials of Human Resource Management
The Essentials of Human Resource Management program is designed for Entry-level HR professionals, those exploring HR as a career field, and supervisors who have HR responsibilities. It is also appropriate for HR professionals, such as staffing specialists, whose experience has been in a single functional area. Perfect for small business owners that want to protect themselves from needless litigation. This program is a solid, introductory-level course in human resource management that enhances participants’ knowledge, deepens their understanding of human resources and offers them the opportunity for career advancement, including the chance to earn continuing education units-all while limiting your company’s potential exposure to HR related lawsuits!
At a Glance
- Area of study: Human Resource Management
- Ideal for: CP/SCP certification preparation course is ideal for HR professionals seeking SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification.SHRM Essentials is designed for Entry-level HR professionals, those exploring HR as a career field, and supervisors who have HR responsibilities
- Location: Thousand Oaks Campus
- Program format: In-person
- Program length: Varies by course
- Fees: SHRM Essentials $650 including materials; SHRM CP/SCP $1295 including materials
- Financial Assistance: Human Resources Programs do not qualify for Financial Aid.