Spring 2017 Course Dates:
If you are interested in taking this course, contact us for more information.
Registration begins on July 11
The SHRM Essentials® of HR Management is an introductory course offering a complete overview of human resource roles and responsibilities. If you are just starting out in the profession, or are looking for an effective way to boost your employee management skills, this is the program for you! It is also designed for a number of professions. If you are an entrepreneur, small business owner, office assistant, this is a great way to brush up on current employment laws to reduce your company’s risk of potential high-cost litigation. This is also great for those who are interested in HR but do not possess the experience or knowledge of human resources related issues, or for CP/SCP or PHR/SPHR individuals who are looking for recertification credits.
- The shared experiences of your instructor and peers along with networking opportunities
- Interactive case studies designed to make you feel comfortable dealing with HR issues
- Reduces company’s risk of potential high-cost litigation
- Develops a common dictionary of HR terms for the entire organization
- Offers professional development for divisional or departmental supervisors to ensure HR compliance
- Promotes a consistent understanding of the HR function to non-HR management
- Earn up to 1.25 CEUs or 12.5 PHR/SPHR/GPHR recertification hours
- Participants who successfully complete the program are awarded a Certificate of Completion.
Covers real-life HR issues and current, vital topics including: employment law; selecting qualified employees; compensation; orientation and training; and the performance management process.
Who Should Attend?
Entry-level human resource professionals
Divisional or departmental supervisors who have the responsibility for interviewing and training employees Individuals seeking a career in human resources
Team leaders with supervisory accountabilities
Employees with management responsibilities Individuals seeking higher management positions