The emerging field of social business is focused on the concept of using business methods and practices to achieve positive social change. Described by some as “enlightened capitalism,” Social Businesses promote social objectives/goals (e.g., alleviation of poverty) that are as important as their financial goals.
The Certificate in Social Business provides the opportunity to develop knowledge of social business. The course of study is similar to the University’s minor in Social Business, but fewer electives are required.
At a Glance
- Area of study: Social Business
- Ideal for: Individuals who are interested in using business as a force for good.
- Location: Camarillo Campus
- Program format: Lecture
- Number of courses: 14-15 units
- Program length: varies
- Fees: $270 per
- Financial Assistance: Certificate Programs do not qualify for Financial Aid. Matriculated students may use Financial aid.