The Spanish Translation Certificate program prepares students to work as professional translators able to translate general, specialized and literary texts from English to Spanish and vice-versa.
The Certificate Program is open to all students and the general public with an intermediate to high level of proficiency in Spanish. Students must successfully complete (with a grade of B-or better) five required courses.
- Translation theory
- Translation techniques and strategies
- Information literacy, and translation of general
- Specialized and literary texts
At a Glance
- Area of study: Spanish Translation
- Ideal for: Individuals who aspire to a career as a professional Spanish-English/English-Spanish translator
- Location: Camarillo Campus
- Program format: Lecture
- Number of courses: 6
- Program length: varies
- Fees: $270 per unit
- Financial Assistance: Certificate Programs do not qualify for Financial Aid. Matriculated students may use Financial aid.